DOG WALKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR DOG WALKING
Our customers are asked to agree to the following terms before signing their dogs up for Lily’s dog walking service.
Lily’s Barn hereby agree that we shall act with integrity, responsibility and trustworthiness to clients, client’s pets and client’s property. The welfare of client’s pets is paramount and their safety and wellbeing shall not be made subordinate to any other consideration. As a member of the Pet Industry Federation we are bound by the Terms and Conditions for Registered Petsitters as set out by the PIF. In order to ensure we fulfil our obligations to you the client, we ask all new customers take a few minutes to read and sign the terms and conditions below –
1. By enrolling the above named dog(s), I represent that I am the legal owner of the named dog(s) and I assume all risks, dangers and responsibility for injuries to the named dog(s).
2. All dogs must pass a general behaviour assessment in order to qualify for dog walking. No dog may be walked that shows any signs of any type of aggression. I confirm my dog(s) is friendly to other dogs and humans and shows no aggression unless I have made you fully aware of it. Any dog demonstrating aggression or other behaviour deemed to be unacceptable by Lily’s Barn staff may be required to make alternative walking arrangements irrespective of the length of time the dog has been enrolled with Lily’s Barn.
3. My dog(s) is fit and healthy and is capable of play and exercise with other dogs unless I have made you aware.
4. My dog(s) is healthy and will at all times while being walked by Lily’s Barn, have current vaccinations including the kennel cough vaccine and regular treatment for worms, ticks and fleas. I will provide Lily’s Barn with an up to date copy of my dog(s) vaccination record annually. I am not enrolling any dog with Lily’s Barn that has any condition that could potentially jeopardize the health of other dogs or people and has not had any potentially communicable condition within 21 days prior to enrolment. I also understand that even if my dog is vaccinated for Kennel Cough there is a chance that Kennel Cough can still be contracted. I agree that I will NOT hold Lily’s Barn responsible if my dog(s) contracts Kennel Cough.
I am responsible for ensuring the efficacy of any treatment that I give my dog(s) for worms, fleas and ticks. In addition, I agree to check my dog regularly for ticks and fleas and to inform Lily’s Barn of any unwanted passengers. In the event of any fleas being present, I understand my dog(s) will not be able to attend group walks until they are flea free.
5. My dog(s) will wear a suitable collar with an identity tag at all times and has been microchipped.
6. You will advise us if your female dog is in season. If this is the case, daycare staff will walk your dog on the lead and will determine which other dogs are suitable to attend the same walk.
7. To have appropriate insurance to cover my dog(s) personal injury in the unlikely event of an incident alternatively, I agree to cover any costs relating to accidents that may occur which result in injury to my dog. All interaction and dog play is monitored by daycare staff to avoid incidents however, I understand my dog(s) may sustain accidental injuries and I agree to cover any veterinary fees pertaining to my dog. Lilys’ Barn nor its employees will not accept responsibility for the death, injury or illness of your dog whilst in our care. You are strongly advised to insure your pet for all eventualities.
8. My dog(s) has not been suffering from any infectious or contagious diseases/illnesses or been exposed to such a disease/illness during the 21 days prior to attending Lily’s Barn group walks.
9. My dog(s) is able to be let off the lead on walks, unless the owner has requested otherwise.
10. My dog(s) is able to travel within the purpose built transport with a dog from another household providing they have been introduced prior to travelling and staff at Lily’s Barn are confident that both dogs are safe to travel together.
11. We reserve the right to act in the best interests of the dog at all times this includes seeking veterinary advice if he/she becomes ill. We will contact you immediately should your dog become ill. If you cannot be contacted within a reasonable time or have chosen not to be contacted we reserve the right to seek appropriate and swift veterinary attention and proceed with treatment regardless of costs, which you agree to cover. We will do everything needed for the dog as regards treatment, comfort and recovery. If euthanasia is absolutely necessary (determined by the vet) for whatever reason excluding behavioural (aggression etc) we will accept and act upon that vet advice.
12. We reserve the right to refuse or dismiss any dog that does not meet the health, temperament or other standards. The determination shall be made at the sole discretion of Lily’s Barn staff.
13. If dogs require towelling off or hosing after walks, towels must be provided and left at the point of entry to the house.
14. You must ensure access is available to where animal/s are kept, at the times/dates agreed. Charges will still apply if access to the property cannot be gained
15. The client must provide all items necessary for dogs to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence, ie, leads, tags and collars, harnesses, etc. Poo bags will be supplied by Lily’s Barn. Should dogs require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Lily’s Barn, these will be purchased and added to the invoice.
16. Lily’s Barn reserves the right to apply personal judgement and cut short a walk due to extreme weather conditions (ie, heat, thunder storms, blizzard, etc) for the safety of both the dogs and the walkers. Please note, we would appreciate no less than 48 hours notice of any cancellations. Any late cancellations will be liable for the full charge if we are unable to fill the space. I give my permission for a key to be maintained by Lily’s Barn if necessary and give permission for access to my house to collect and drop off my dog/s. An emergency number will be provided for anything concerning my dog or my property.